We already know a lot of things about dogs. But there are other fun facts that we almost didn’t dare to think about.
1. Male dogs lift their legs when they pee as a sign of dominance.
2. Dog urine can corrode metals.
3. Dogs’ nose prints are as unique as human fingerprints, and can be used to prove identity.
4. Tiny dogs like Chihuahuas can hear sounds in higher ranges than big dogs.
5. Square-headed dogs like Saint Bernards can hear subsonic sounds better than dogs with narrow heads like spaniels.
6. Eighteen muscles move your dog’s ears around independently of one another.
7. The first sense puppies develop is touch.
8. Puppies are born blind, deaf, and toothless.
9. Dogs don’t just lap up water indiscriminately, they form the backs of their tongues into little water cups.
10. Your dog’s wet nose helps him detect scent by absorbing the water droplets that carry smells.
11. When dogs dig after pooing, they’re not burying anything – they’re marking their territory using scent glands in their paws.
12. Beagles are the nosiest dogs.
13. And, of course, Huskies tell the worst jokes!!!
SHARE this on Facebook!