Training doesn’t have to be stressful for you and your dog. It should be fun and meaningful These training tips can help you have fun and be productive and make sure that your dog can become a very good companion for life!
1. Everytime you give a reward pair it with verbal praise like “Yes” or Good Dog”
2. Reward your dog immediately so they associate the command word with proper action.
3. Keep any command short and uncomplicated.
4. Always use the same word for the same action.
5. Only offer rewards for behavior you want to encourage.
6. Don’t punish bad behavior. Redirect into an alternate good behavior that you reward.
7. Don’t expect too much too soon.
8. Food treats should be very small and that they don’t interrupt their regular feeding sessions.
9. Keep a variety of treats on hand so that your pup won’t get bored.
10. If your dog isn’t motivated by treats, keep a favorite toy on-hand for brief play time reward.
11. Use a variable schedule so they don’t learn a pattern.
12. Focus on a single behavior in each training session.
13. Slowly decrease the number of times your pet is rewarded with a food treat.
14. Keep training sessions short.
15. Always train when you and your dog are in good mood.
SHARE this on Facebook!