Dogs are extremely keen, intuitive animals and always learn something new every day. But there are things that all dogs can sense about humans, and they’re pretty amazing.
1. Inequality – A recent study has shown that dogs can see inequality right before their eyes. Researchers paired dogs together and gave them both the same obedience command. They would reward one dog with a treat while the other got nothing and soon discovered that the neglected dog soon stopped offering the behavior and would even stop paying attention to the researchers altogether.
2. When you’re sick – Researchers have tested dogs’ noses by having them smell multiple blood samples and watching as the dog indicates the one sample that contains cancer cells. Doctors and scientists hope to soon be able to rely on a dog’s smell for better testing of cancer.
3. Your Mood – Dogs will often become very stressed when we’re stressed or angry and they’ll often become clingy if we’re sad.
4. When you’re not paying attention – Dogs are intelligent and just like people, they know when we aren’t paying attention. Have you ever noticed that you lost sight of your pooch for just 10 seconds and that’s when he stole the hamburger off the table? Dogs know exactly the right time to make their sneaky moves because they know when we aren’t watching, even if we’re standing right there!
5. If you’re untrustworthy – Japanese researchers at the Kyoto University of Japan studied 34 dogs and published their findings in the journal Animal Cognition. With the knowledge that dogs will explore an area or object pointed out by a human, they wanted to discover how long it would take dogs to realize they were being mislead by humans, if they realized it at all. It turns out the dogs pick up on untrustworthy people pretty quickly.
SHARE this on Facebook!