We love to travel and spend time with our family and friends. And when we speak of family, this includes our pet dogs. If you are planning a trip with your dog, here are five things you need to remember:
1. Pack your dog’s bag with the essentials before you hit the road. Include food, water, medical supplies, and miscellaneous items.
2. Before leaving, ensure hotel or accommodation is pet-friendly. Not all establishments welcome pets.
3. If you’re leaving the country, secure a pet passport, which is a certification from your veterinarian that your dog is healthy. In other words, bring a health certificate.
4. Keep your dog calm. Bring his or her dog favorite stuffed toys or items that make him comfortable.
5. Microchip your dog or attach an ID tag with your mobile phone number to his collar. This is to increase the chances of returning home in case they get lost.