40, 000 dogs die each year in house fires.
1,000 fires are started by dogs each year.
These are just some of the scary truths about fires. So know the facts, be prepared and protect our dogs from fires.
1. Make an emergency kit. Assemble a portable emergency kit with enough supplies to last for 7 days.
2. Remove or lock the knob of your stoves. Dogs may nudge the stove knobs just enough to ignite the burner.
3. Do not leave candles unattended. Extinguish all open flames when you leave a room so they aren’t tipped over by a tail or a paw.
4. Beware of water bowls on wooden decks. The hot rays of the sun, when filtered through a glass water bowl can actually ignite a wooden deck below. Use ceramic or stainless steal instead.
5. Pet-proof your home. Go through your home and eliminate loose wires or other potential hazards.
SHARE this on Facebook!