Dogs use their mouths to explore the world around them, so it’s very normal to have a dog that chews on everything. But they may chew on things that are not good for them thus putting your dogs in danger. So learn these simple tips on how to stop them from chewing inappropriate things.
1. Dog Proof Your House –Keeping inappropriate items away from your dog is a great way to ensure they don’t get eaten.
2. Keep your dog a standard schedule – If your puppy isn’t getting enough mental and physical exercise, he’s going to look for another way to release his energy. Oftentimes that energy is released by chewing.
3. Rotate Toys – dogs will get bored with toys the same way you get bored of things you see and do all the time. If you notice that your pup has lost interest in some of his favorite toys, and is instead chewing up your shoes or furniture, it might be a sign that it’s time for something new.
4. Provide Appopriate Chew – Letting your puppy chew items that are made for dogs will allow them to express their desires while staying safe and keeping your home intact.
5. Offer Puzzle Toys – Puzzle toys are complex toys that you can fill with treats that your dog must work to get to. Because they’re filled with delicious treats, puppies will remain focused on the toy as they work their way to the insides with the filling.
SHARE this on Facebook!