Our government provides animal protection laws. But there are also laws that seem strange and weird, just like these 6 dog laws.
1. Barking dogs are prohibited in McHenry County, Illinois.
According to “An Article Regulating Animal Control for McHenry County, Illinois”, no owner or person in the possession, custody or control of a dog, shall allow the dog to bark, whine, or howl continuously; for a period longer than 15 minutes, intermittently for a period in excess of two hours, or between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., so as to disturb the peace, quiet or repose, or be audible to another person of ordinary sensibility.
2. Dogs are not allowed to be in public place without its master on a leash.
An ordinance in Belveder, California provides that no dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash.
3. Don’t give lighted cigars to dogs.
In Zion, Illinois, it is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animals kept as pets.
4. Dogs can have their first bite of a person.
A dog is entitled to his first bite of a person and this is legally allowed in New Orleans, Louisiana.
5. Tie your dogs’ hind legs during April.
Massachusetts mandates all dogs to have their hind legs tied during the month of April.
6. Don’t let your dogs and cats fight.
A statute in Barber, North Carolina prohibits fights between cats and dogs.