Spring is officially here, even if your local weather hasn’t gotten the memo! While you are busy with spring cleaning, don’t forget your dog!
Here are ways to make sure your dog is prepared for spring too:
1. Schedule a physical exam. It’s time to prep up your dog, have a full check-up and make sure all the immunizations are up to date and ready for some fun spring time.
2. Make a spa appointment. Your dog’s shedding will increase in the springtime. Now is definitely the time to take your pooch to a professional groomer and rock their look during springtime.
3. Pest prevention. Springtime is the prime season for fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and heart-worms. These parasites can carry many diseases like Lyme disease and Ehrlichia. Speak to your veterinarian about getting on the best preventative plan possible.
4. Watch out for seasonal allergies! Flowers bloom, grasses grow and pollens fall. Environmental allergens are everywhere! Dogs can be allergic to ragweed, grasses, pollen, molds, and trees. Dogs can even develop sinusitis and bronchitis, just as humans do.
5. Visit some dog parks. Of course, it is the very best time to play at the park. Just know the do’s and don’t during park visits. Know more about Dog Park etiquette.
6. Clean out doggy’s closet. Now is a great time to clean or get rid of any dirty, broken or even moldy toys. Stuffed toys can be thrown in the wash and plastic or rubber can go through the dishwasher.
7. Sign-up for training. Sign up for a dog training classes. Some places even offer them outside so you can enjoy the nicer weather.
SHARE this on Facebook!