It’s very heart wrenching to listen to your sweet pup whine. It’s even worse when you don’t know what’s causing it or how to stop it. Good thing that we sorted out a few reasons why they whine. Although every dog is unique, I hope this list helps you figure out and stop the whining.
1. It’s potty time. If you’ve missed your dog’s earlier potty signals, whining may indicate that there’s about to be some pee happening.
2. There’s someone they don’t like. Whining can be a sign that your pup feels threatened, like when the mailman shows up looking shifty with that mysterious box.
3. They desperately want to be with you. It’s hard for some pups to be without their pawrents and they don’t like it when we go to work or if they don’t get to sleep in our rooms at night.
4. Nature disturbances. Things like thunder, fireworks and other loud noises can scare your pup and make her anxious.
5. They feel something’s wrong inside them. Sometimes your pup has an injury that you might know about. In that case, it’s obvious why he’s whining. But other times, you may not know. If your dog is whining extensively, a vet visit is the best idea.
6. They feel 100% guilty. Maybe they stole your dinner. Maybe they ate your shoes. Maybe they peed in your shoes! Whatever they did, they are absolutely sorry they disappointed their favorite hooman.
7. Your pup is seriously hungry. The solution for this one is easy. Drop some food and no one gets hurt.
8. Super-duper excitement. Whining is not always about the sads. Pups can whine with joy when they see someone they love.
SHARE this on Facebook!