Sleep is an essential and a very significant part in the lives of our dogs. Know these 5 interesting facts about our dogs in their sleep!
1. A typical dogs spends 20% awake and active, 30% awake but inactive and 50% asleep.
2. The average dog will sleep 12-14 hours a day. Puppies and large breeds can sleep up to 18 hours.
3. When a dog sleeps and how much a dog sleeps depends on the amount of activity they get. The more active the dog, the less sleep they need. Police dogs, Service dogs and Search & Rescue dogs won’t sleep as much because they work most of the day.
4. For non-working dogs and family pets, try a few tricks to keep them active and their minds stimulated.
5. Sleep disorders aren’t common among dogs, but they do affect some.
SHARE this on Facebook!