Can you guess the dog breed by just looking at its paws? Give it a try. The last photo is a giveaway. Scroll down for the answers.
1. The word “paw” may have derived from the Gallo- Roman root form “pauta”, which evolved as the Old French word “patin”. Patin means clog, which is a type of shoe.
2. A dog’s paw pads act like shock absorbers. These help them protect their bones and joints in the foot.
3. Paws are made up of the following: claws, digital pads, metacarpal pad, dewclaw, and carpal pad.
4. Dogs get sweaty hands, too.
5. To promote better circulation, give your pet dog a paw massage.
6. The inner layer of skin on the paw has sweat glands that convey perspiration to the outer layer of skin. This helps cool a hot dog and keeps the pads from getting too dry.
7. When a dog gets nervous or experiences stress, its paws can exude moisture.
Here are the answers:
4. German Shepherd
5. Golden Retriever
7. Labrador Retriever
How many did you guess correctly?