Indeed, dogs are “man’s bestfriend”. And here are the reasons/benefits why men should own a dog.
1. Men with dogs are more desirable to women. In a series of studies at the University of Pennsylvania, it was revealed that men accompanied by a friendly dog significantly increased their social encounters.
2. Dogs will make you a better man.
3. Statistics say that nearly one in 17 American dogs are owned by men living alone.
4. Studies have found that dogs can reduce loneliness, lower anxiety, and beat depression.
5. Dogs make men hot and sexy.
6. Sigmund Freud said that his dog, Jofi, provided him “affection without ambivalence, the simplicity of a life free from the almost unbearable conflicts of civilization . . . , [and a] feeling of intimate affinity, of an indisputed solidarity.”
7. Dogs recognize leadership of their male pet owners.
8. Men can hug dogs without inhibition and doing this make them feel truly comfortable as nurturers.
9. Dogs make better confidants than girlfriends, relatives, and other loved ones.