Gastric Dilation Volvulus or simply twisted stomach is a life threatening condition in dogs. Know more about this condition that you may save and protect your dog’s life.
1. What is it? Bloated or twisted stomach or torsion are all terms used to describe Gastric Dilation Volvulus in which the a dog’s stomach is distended and then rotates into a dangerous position.
2. Why does it happen? The exact cause in unknown. But there are lots of suspected factors to cause susceptibility to bloat such as rapid eating, frequent feeding, genetics and more.
3. Who does it affect? Bloat can happen to any dog but deep chested and large breed are higher risks.
4. What are the signs? Restlessness, pacing unsuccessful vomiting and enlarged abdomen are all signs. Unfortunately sometimes bloat can occur without prior warning. Seek veterinary care immediately.
5. What can i do? Ask your veterinarian about the procedure called gastropexy that prevents bloat. by performing this procedure you can potentially save your dogs life.
SHARE this on Facebook!